You will get incredible results
Hello everyone ! My name is Elena Dovgan.
I am a professional dance coach and choreographer who loves working with students that truly know why they need dancing in their lives. My passion is to lead them to amazing results, bring change into their lives; help them improve dance and social skills, discipline, concentration and receive bountiful joy from the journey that we go through together. All my students are my big dance family. I always do what's best for their dance adventure, and believe, love, and care for each of them. My students rapidly grow as dancers and people in a friendly and motivational environment. They know that the path to achievement is not only hard work, but also a huge fulfillment.
Level Doesn't Matter
If you're ready to work + have joy at the same time = my dance family is right for you!
I specialize in teaching two categories of students:
1. Dancers who want to compete and gain great results in ballroom dance
- you know what you want
- you have time to practice
- you want to have great technique
- you want to have superb results
- you're ready to enjoy the processes of work, and of falling and rising
- and you're ready to have tremendous joy from the competitive dance life!
2. People that are interested in various dance styles, and interesting fusions that know they really want to dance and are ready to work and receive extreme joy from the process.
- you want to try different dance styles
- you want to have great flexibility
- you want to have body shape that you adore
- you want psychological support of the dance family
- you want to socialize with other people with the same mindset
- you want to find new friends
- and you're ready to change your life for the best!
I am a good mix of strictness and kindness at the same time. All my students are looking forward to my lessons. Many of them take me as a role model. I love to speak truthfully when something is cool and what else needs to be worked on. My students are not afraid to hear honest comments from me, knowing that I am on their side and believe they will succeed.
Besides ballroom I teach gymnastics, ballet, jazz, jazz-funk, lyrical, contemporary, hip hop, pop fusion, social ballroom for beginners and intermediate level, and create fusion choreographies for performing on stage. Have two bachelor's degrees related to pedagogical, physical and dance education. I create different lesson programs focusing on entertainment or competitive results, balancing the level of difficulty on the abilities of my students. I love to stretch my students and create challenging workouts. I use my two bachelor degrees to reflect my proficiency in both the athletic and artistic qualities of dance.
My degree in choreography was focused on different styles of dance (ballet, contemporary, folk, ballroom, etc.) I learned how to create choreography in dance and plan performances. I learned how to use psychological and pedagogical methods in developmental physical education. My degree in physical education focused on the mechanics and physical aspects of dance. I focused on biochemistry of muscular activity, biomechanics, anatomy and sport morphology, gymnastics and methods of teaching, organization of recreation, sport activities, sport games and methods of teaching, as well as theory and methodology of physical education.
I love teaching because that's where I feel like I can change people's lives. I can make their lives even more interesting; I enjoy helping people have fun and create goals in their dancing. I feel that I add passion and inspiration into peoples' hearts, and they change their life for the best. I especially like it when I see the results of my work: seeing how my students improved and how happy they are about that and want to improve even more.